Location: Boston MA
Reports to: VP of Technical Sales
CivicSolar is a leading national solar equipment distributor to small and medium installers, with 3,500 contractor customers across the United States, Caribbean, and Latin America. Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of solar power by serving as the industry’s most efficient and responsive distributor.
You will be responsible for participating in the design process of photovoltaic and energy storage systems and preparing detailed electrical engineering drawings and calculations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical oversight and peer review of commercial, government and utility solar PV projects designed by a team of Project Engineering Managers and 3rd-party engineering firms.
- Work with local utilities and AHJs to expedite project approvals and ensure CivicSolar designs meet all requirements for interconnection and operation.
- Assist in cost reduction and value engineering efforts to ensure quality, safety, and code-compliance is maintain while driving down the cost of installation.
- Manage the electrical QA/QC of completed and in-progress projects, including coordination of site visits, processing RFIs and submittals, and support for project commissioning and start-up testing.
- Providing direct support for permitting and approval of designs leveraging a strong knowledge of local codes and standards to respond to AHJ comments.
- Developing project-specific calculations and system modeling to verify or determine conductor sizing, short-circuit analysis, arc flash hazard, overcurrent coordination, etc.
- Attending Pre-Sales and project scoping meetings (remote)
The successful candidate will:
- Assist in developing project objectives, goals, and documentation policies.
- Develop electrical designs from concept through completion of construction.
- Prepare engineering design calculations and layouts.
- Prepare detailed engineering reports and narratives.
- Coordinate electrical design requirements with architecture, mechanical, and other disciplines to support the sales of PV equipment and PV design services.
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Proven experience as an Electrical Engineer designing power and lighting building systems on complex projects.
- Expert at Autocad, PVSyst and similar relevant design tools.
- Strong NEC/CEC knowledge and exhibited experience in building electrical systems and design, including sizing and specifying electrical service equipment, transformers, metering equipment, protective relaying and/or overcurrent devices, cable, conduit, switchboards, and panel boards.
- LEED Accredited Professional and previous experience participating in the LEED or other green rating system process
- Experience and interest in hybrid energy system design
- An appreciation and understanding of architectural design and how architects work and think.
- Experience in medium voltage system design of 4kV to 35kV