Position: Associate Salesforce Administrator
Reports to: Director of Technology and Business Processes
Location: Oakland, CA
About: CivicSolar is a leading national solar equipment distributor to small and medium installers, with 3,500 contractor customers across the United States, Caribbean, and Latin America. Our mission is accelerate the adoption of solar power by being the industry’s most efficient and responsive distributor.
We aim to reduce the cost of solar equipment distribution through the utilization of an online platform allowing solar installers to access the right equipment at the best price for every job. We pride ourselves on our operational efficiency, technical knowledge, and commitment to customer service.
Working at CivicSolar:
CivicSolar is looking for a Associate Salesforce Administrator with excellent project management skills. We are growing as an organization and are looking for candidates who are excited about sustainable energy and passionate about bringing this technology to many more people in the US and Latin America.
- Participate in the full application life cycle from development, testing, deployment, and support
- Partner with key stakeholders to collect, refine, and evaluate new software requirements
- Design, develop, test, document, and deploy high quality software solutions
- Perform Salesforce development, configuration and administrative work, such as user permission setup, layout changes, and development work (custom objects, custom fields, workflow rules, Apex triggers, Visualforce pages, process builders, etc.)
- Support thorough user acceptance and quality assurance testing of issues
- Contribute to maintenance of our software project management system, Git and Github, to ensure timeliness and effectiveness of software releases
- Write-up and document release notes in central repository and communicate to users pertinent updates
- Resolve system problems, address users’ requests and troubleshoot
- Disseminate knowledge of best practices and serve as a thought leader to maximize the effectiveness of Salesforce for the entire organization
- Prior salesforce administrator and development experience, including custom objects, triggers, reusable components
- Understand and experience practicing established Salesforce and software development standards and methodologies, including design and implementation
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Critical thinker with utmost attention to detail
- Detail-oriented with the desire to analyze data and current processes to expose areas that contain errors and could further be streamlined and optimized
- Entrepreneurial, forward-thinking mindset and motivation to contribute to the organizational growth
- Strong business acumen, ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders across the company
- Ability to prepare detailed written system instructions and documentation
- Extremely organized and ability to ruthlessly prioritize and balance work
- Enthusiasm, personality, a passion for teamwork, and a positive attitude
- Passion for solar!
Desired Experience and Education:
- 0-2+ years related work experience in Salesforce or similarly complex ERP system
- Analytical experience using MySQL, Power BI, or similar database query languages and business intelligence software tools
- Experience with software change and release management using Git and GitHub