Location: Oakland, CA
About: CivicSolar is the leading national solar equipment distributor in the U.S. CivicSolar distributes a full range of solar equipment to over 3,500 contractors throughout the United States, Caribbean, and Latin America, enabling solar installers to easily and cost-effectively design, sell and install solar photovoltaic (PV) systems. Civic accelerates the adoption of solar and advanced energy technologies by delivering quality equipment, engineering, financing, and competitive pricing for every job. CivicSolar differentiates itself through a service-oriented culture and technology platform which helps deliver higher reliability, efficiency, and responsiveness from offices in Oakland, CA, Boston, MA, and Austin, TX.
Job Summary: We are looking for candidates who are passionate about solar photovoltaic technology (PV) and exhibit our core values. The Controller will report to the VP of Finance and manage the accounting team, with responsibilities as follows:
- Lead monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Coordinate annual tax returns with outside CPA firm.
- Implement process improvements to streamline and standardize all accounting processes
- Coordinate with other departments for seamless data management.
- Manage relationships and pricing with bank and vendors
- Make data-based daily decisions re customer credit terms
- Ensure timely collections and payments
- Manage and develop accounting team members.
- Assist VP of Finance on wide variety of projects as needed.
- 5+ years accounting experience with mid-large sized U.S. companies.
- 3+ years’ experience as financial controller for a U.S. mid-sized company.
- Master’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance preferred.
- U.S. public accounting experience preferred.
- CPA certification preferred.
Skills & Personal Qualities:
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting and internal control principles.
- Experience & comfort working with cloud-based ERP applications, preferably SalesForce.
- Advanced technical expertise, including Excel and SQL data analysis skills.
- Ability to deliver quality work on tight deadlines without supervision.
- Ability to negotiate terms with customers and vendors.
- Strong logic and proclivity toward data-based decision-making.
- Strong organization, priority setting, and decision making skills.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong people management and coaching skills.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Passion for solar.
Please apply at the following link: http://civicsolar.applytojob.com/apply/zVokBVVQZC/Controller